Saturday, February 21, 2009

Begonia


Along with Roses, Begonias are one of my all time favourites. They have such beautiful leaves and fabulous blooms. As pot plants they are perfect for my bad habits, they actually like to dry out between waterings and droop as a warning if they need to be refreshed. Added to that I can put the old tubers out in the garden and they reward me with more flowers the next year. This one is in the garden ... after a couple of days of warmer weather we are in the clouds again this morning.

Reflection:
Proverbs 11:25 (New International Version)
A generous man will prosper;
he who refreshes others will himself be refreshed.

2 comments:

  1. That could just about be my maxim ...

    This is a gorgeous bloom and an entrancing colour. There are massive hanging planters of red begonias throughout the city at the moment: along Redfern Street and Dad and I saw them this morning along Glebe Point Road. They are quite massive and are transforming the streets. Clover is not bad, I reckon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw those great towers of begonias in Darlinghurst when I was eating dinner with friends there last week. I had seen them in the centre of the city but did not realise they had spread so far until then. They are impressive and great addition to the amenity of the city.

    ReplyDelete