Thursday, February 19, 2009

Good neighbours


I guess the neighbours are pleased with my new rose bed as the weeds are gone and no longer encroach on their vegetable patch. We are on good terms with our neighbours, despite this. We share a bountry with three different properties. Two have gates to allow free passage between our gardens and the third has no fence so it is easy to pop back and forth.

I do note that the rather attractive plant at the side of the gate is another noxious weed, crofton weed. It's on our side of the fence ...sigh ... I will have chop it out before it flowers.

Reflection:
Matthew 22:35-40 (New International Version)
One of them, an expert in the law, tested him with this question:
"Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?"
Jesus replied: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments."

1 comment:

  1. Lovely worn gate ... I thought the brown behind was CI for a moment.

    Umm ... has the noxious weed not already flowered ... what is it that I can see?

    This is a lovely blog, BTW. They both are ... quite soothingly and reassuringly country Australia. And I thank you for them.

    ReplyDelete