Friday, February 27, 2009

More silver


Silver birch with a patch of lichen especially for Julie.

Musing:
Acts 3:2-7 (New International Version)
Now a man crippled from birth was being carried to the temple gate called Beautiful, where he was put every day to beg from those going into the temple courts. When he saw Peter and John about to enter, he asked them for money. Peter looked straight at him, as did John. Then Peter said, "Look at us!" So the man gave them his attention, expecting to get something from them.

Then Peter said, "Silver or gold I do not have, but what I have I give you. In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, walk." Taking him by the right hand, he helped him up, and instantly the man's feet and ankles became strong.

4 comments:

  1. I'm sorry that I haven't been visiting here with you. I got over-extended in my blogging endeavors and had to revamp. I love these little portraits.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why thank you, m'dear. It is lovely lovely stuff ... whether of wood or on stone. No idea why ... something to do with decay. And because it is often pretty.

    Now to the Bible story. What is your take on what actually happened here? I think I can understand the extended message, but why is it couched in a story that is so hard to believe to be true?

    ReplyDelete
  3. PJ, it is lovely to have you pop by even if only occasionally. I have greatly restricted the blogs I visit for the same reason, it it easy to over-extend.

    Julie, my take on what actually happened is that it actually happened!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, I accept that. This is probably why I struggle with Christianity. I want the narratives in the Bible to point to a deeper meaning - which I realise that they do. However, this does not lead me to think that the stories actually happened. Belief is a difficult thing for me. I am more comfortable with understanding.

    ReplyDelete