Sunday, February 8, 2009

Virtue


I'm feeling virtuous because, despite the searing hot day, I chopped off all the Agapanthus seed heads before they spawn another million plants. Was too late with this one.

I'm impressed, the blog is already helping towards a better garden!

Reflection:
Colossians 3:12-14 (New International Version)
"Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity."

3 comments:

  1. People decry talking to plants: and insinuate that you are a nutter. However, you are simply walking amongst them and noting their condition. It is good.

    Forgiveness has always puzzled me. To let go for all time the memory of a perceived wrong is a massive ask. To not assess all future interactions in the light of past wrongs, is not an easy thing to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When someone stole a favourite bonsai from my garden I prayed that it would give its new owner as much joy as it gave me. Whenever I think of it today I smile and in the process have learnt a little about giving over to God.

    ReplyDelete
  3. In that the bonsai was never yours to keep forever: you simply laid claim to it as a temporal possession. What you have let go is jealousy, envy and possessiveness? Is the absence of these things, the presence of forgiveness?

    ReplyDelete