Monday, February 9, 2009

When the heat is on


Yesterday was again a day of extreme heat, but Sunday is a watering day so I was able to give my thirsty plants a refreshing drink.

The reflection in my last post had me thinking all day about the practical application of faith through forgiveness and love.

Reflection:
Romans 12:9-10 (New International Version)
"Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good. Be devoted to one another in brotherly love. Honor one another above yourselves."

1 comment:

  1. Love must be sincere: not as a result of exhortation.

    What is evil? I don't think in terms of hate.I don't hate anyone. I just dont like them.

    But take this a step closer to reality: but still hypothetical. If they find the Victorian fires were deliberately lit. Yet they do not have sufficient to charge anyone. Do we hate the person who could do such a thing?

    And what of forgiveness?

    God's words must be able to be applied to the real world. But how?

    The word verification was "hoons" ...

    ReplyDelete