Friday, March 13, 2009

Autumn fruits


Quite apart from falling branches it is a bit dangerous to sit under the Liquid Amber at this time of year. The cockatoos make great sport eating the spikey seed pods and snipping off twigs. There is already a lot of debris gathering under the tree and they've barely started.

Reflection:
Galatians 5:19-21 (New International Version)
"The acts of the sinful nature are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God."

[I am going to work my way through more of this the passage over the next few days]



2 comments:

  1. I haven't left the house today to do any kind of mischief and I feel guilty none the less. It must be my inner pharisee...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the style of photograph that I really respond to.

    ReplyDelete