Monday, March 30, 2009

Revelation


And turning around a little more we see this wonderful old filing cabinet. Its a big piece of furniture(54 drawers in all) The timber is Silky Oak, popular in Queensland from whence it came. It was on the verandah of my parent's home, storing stuff for my father's business. I cleaned off the old paint to show the lovely timber beneath but didn't remove the patina of age, revealed in the repairs.

Reflection:
Ephesians 1:17 (New International Version)
[Paul writes] "I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know him better."

3 comments:

  1. That is to die for!! and those complex brass handles. But, yes: I bet it weighs a ton.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, it weighs a ton. Whenever it needs to be moved, all 54 drawers have to be taken out to lighten the load.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember seeing this, silky oak is a beautiful wood.

    ReplyDelete