Sunday, April 26, 2009

Blackwork


Here's Stiching Sunday 2 which is a tablecloth in the style of embroidery known as Spanish Blackwork. And another shot of the rather fascinating firewheel flowers.

Reflection:
John 8:43-44 (New International Version)
Why is my language not clear to you? Because you are unable to hear what I say. You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father's desire. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies.



6 comments:

  1. There is so much to like about this photograph, Joan. I love the colour combination, the texture, the delicacy of the stitching and also the leap of faith of the combination of the two elements.

    It works remarkably well. Did not know "Blackwork" existed. Let me guess: this is home crafted?

    Wonderful ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of the stitching Sundays are my own hand crafted work. Fellow blogger Jenny in asking me to show my needlework has given me a gift here -- a chance to dig out and enjoy my old sewing plus explore some new photographic ground.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Needlework was never my forte: I think I am too impatient and frankly, find it hard to sit down for long.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pressed too soon ...

    Having said that though, I do admire such delicate work wrought by others AND the creativity with which it is presented.

    I'm glad you've taken up the challenge ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my that cloth is beautiful, so many hours of work!. It is nearly the same pattern of one that I worked back in high school. I'll have to dig it out. Thank you so much for showing this, such a treasure! The flowers are beautiful also.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful stitching! :)

    Those flowers are cool.

    ReplyDelete