Monday, April 20, 2009

Childhood


When I was mowing on the weekend I spotted these mushrooms which I gave a wide birth with the blade and came back later to photograph. I guess the new neighbours down the back thought me quite odd crawling on my tummy.

I settled on this one despite the blurring because it best captured the childish delight I felt. The fragrance was of rolling on new mown grass and the soundscape, a Mr Whippy van playing Greensleaves.

Reflection:
Matthew 18:1-5 (New International Version)
At that time the disciples came to Jesus and asked, "Who is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven?"
He called a little child and had him stand among them. And he said: "I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore, whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.
"And whoever welcomes a little child like this in my name welcomes me."

2 comments:

  1. no no ... I love the blurring ... such a take-me-back effect ... the shape of the toadstools is magnifique!!

    I like the image of a photographer crawling around on her belly to get a photo ... *grin* ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can just picture the little gnomes, elves, etc sheltering under these from the rain. Great pic.

    ReplyDelete