Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Persistence


I have tried and tried to get a good shot of one of the tree ferns and this is as good as I can do.

Reflection:
1 Corinthians 9:24-26 (New International Version)
"Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize.
Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last; but we do it to get a crown that will last forever. Therefore I do not run like a man running aimlessly; I do not fight like a man beating the air."


3 comments:

  1. What I used to do was to remove the nozzle from the hose, pull it until the tension was removed from the first 10' os hose and then wedge this into the cup from whence the fronds grow. Turn the tap on to a generous dribble and come back in an hour. This allows the hose water to mimic rainwater and just drip over and run down the hairy part of the trunk keeping the entire plant moist. I read this somewhere ... My tree ferns flourished.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Julie. I'll give it a go. The other ferns are taller than this one, so I'll probably need a ladder.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Golly, that big, hey! I like how you describe your azalea plantings: As though your garden is divided into rooms.

    ReplyDelete