Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Rebirth


Now the rains are here I am hoping all the ailing tree fern fronds will unfold like these.

Reflection:
John 3:3-6 (New International Version)
In reply Jesus declared, "I tell you the truth, no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again."
"How can a man be born when he is old?" Nicodemus asked. "Surely he cannot enter a second time into his mother's womb to be born!"
Jesus answered, "I tell you the truth, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless he is born of water and the Spirit. Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit.

2 comments:

  1. Golly that is a glorious specimen. Is it in your garden or in the bush? When I lived in Bondi I had three tree ferns in my small garden and I used to just run the hose into the "cup" and they responded a treat. This was before water restrictions. There are few things more intruiging than an unfurling frond.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its in my garden. I have been so dumb about plants I could not figure out if tree ferns needed watering from the top of the bottom. That in addition to never being around on the days when it is allowable to water, but the new water tanks will fix that part of the problem.

    ReplyDelete