Saturday, April 25, 2009

Tribute


I wandered around the garden this morning looking for a suitable Anzac day tribute -- took a shot of rosemary and red pineapple sage but in the end settled for the recently fallen, one of the flowers from the firewheel tree which forms its own little wreath.

I also now have proof that Autumn is a little late this year because I photographed the maple at the front in all its fiery splendour on Anzac day last year but today it's still a dull burgundy.

Reflection:
John 15:13 (New International Version)
"Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends."


2 comments:

  1. I look at the structures within the natural world and marvel each time. How complex, how different and how absolutely beautiful.

    I would love to see the photo of the passionfruit sage ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! A fitting memory to our fallen soldiers. Lest We Forget.

    ReplyDelete