Saturday, April 11, 2009

Waiting


The Queensland firewheel tree flowers at this time of year. At the moment the flowers at the top of this tall thin tree are colouring up. I'm waiting for the ones on the lower branches so I can show you this very interesting flower. I thought a cockatoo might conveniently snip one off for me but only Bowerbirds seem to be enjoying the tree at the moment. I love to hear their happy song.

Easter Saturday is a day of waiting too -- waiting between the drama of Good Friday and the joy of Easter Sunday.

Reflection:
Luke 23:55-56 (New International Version)
The women who had come with Jesus from Galilee followed Joseph and saw the tomb and how his body was laid in it. 56Then they went home and prepared spices and perfumes. But they rested on the Sabbath in obedience to the commandment.

2 comments:

  1. I have never seen a Bower Bird. All I know is that they are as black as pitch with a bright blue eye. Is this true?

    I would like to see the flowers on this Firewheel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can see a picture of a female bower bird on my blue mountains journal. The adult male is actually a very deep blue, almost black, but we don't see him very often. The plump olive coloured ladies however frequent the garden.

    I will try to get a new photo one day to include in this journal.

    ReplyDelete