Sunday, June 21, 2009

Gratitude


How's this for a blast from the past for Stitching Sunday 9. I made this macrame handbag for my mother-in-law. She carried her Bible and other papers in it to the church Home League (Ladies Guild) meeting each week. Another of those items which returned after the much loved recipient passed away.

I remember macrame as being a very soothing pastime. It could be fun to try again one day.

Reflection:
Colossians 3:16 (New International Version)
"Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom, and as you sing psalms, hymns and spiritual songs with gratitude in your hearts to God."

1 comment:

  1. Delightful combination of leaf, daisy and macrame, JE. I heard the word macrame as I drifted through the 70s but that was the extent of our relationship.

    ReplyDelete