Sunday, June 28, 2009

Joined together


Stitching Sunday 10 is a patchwork 'log cabin' quilt. It's been used for many years now so has become rather homely.

The cast iron bed was my grandparents wedding bed. It once languished as a spare bed on my parents verandah. A man over at Wilberforce worked restoration magic on it.

Reflection:
Matthew 19:5-6 (King James Version)
[Jesus] said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh? Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.

3 comments:

  1. Golly indeed he has. I bet it cost a fortune. However, I would prefer to pay this than to have something new built for me. I value items used by my forefathers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the quilt & love the bed. The two just go hand in hand. Are they little log cabin blocks in the shashings? Just beautiful. I am glad it is in use.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No the borders are a printed fabric that just happened to be a perfect match ... I ran out of puff.

    ReplyDelete