Friday, June 19, 2009

Pretty Polly


Crimson Rosellas frequent our garden all year round but they are a whole lot easier to photograph when the leaves are off the tree. It's such a privilege to have them as part of our life.

Reflection:
Luke 13:18-19 (New International Version)
"Then Jesus asked, "What is the kingdom of God like? What shall I compare it to? It is like a mustard seed, which a man took and planted in his garden. It grew and became a tree, and the birds of the air perched in its branches."

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous photo, JE. And to have him turning like that must have required bundles of patience. The bare branches actually add so much to the total effect.

    When I lived in St Ives, I would frequently find these little fellas hopping over my grass seeds. But I also had Eastern Rosellas and King Parrots.

    I agree about the privilege ... birds bless us with their presence.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a really beautiful bird! We were lucky enough to see some rosellas on our 2003 trip to WA - your bird life is so very colorful compared to what I see in MN (USA)! I am thankful I found your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As it happens took no patience at all, it was my first shot. We also have King Parrots most of the time. I will try to get a shot, it's easier if they choose to use the trees near the window like this fellow but the King Parrots usually only come in that close when the maples are in seed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just gorgeous. The vivid colours of his feathers against the muted winter background - heaven.

    ReplyDelete