Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Tall tree


With the broken branch gone from the Liquid Amber it's possible to see just what a tall tree this is. I hope the whole thing never decides to fall down, it cost us over $400 to get the fallen branch removed.

The liquid amber is the last of the trees to lose it's leaves so still going.

Reflection:
Ezekiel 17:24 (New International Version)
"All the trees of the field will know that I the LORD bring down the tall tree and make the low tree grow tall. I dry up the green tree and make the dry tree flourish."

2 comments:

  1. I think they are classified in some councils as "vermin" or whatever the botanical equivalent is. They are extraordinarily beautiful when mass planted or on both sides of a road where they join overhead. But yes the detritus can be overwhelming ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are a bit 'weedy' because they tend to send up offshoot trees metres away from the main tree. Out on the footpath beyond the fence there are 3 or 4 trees growing up from the roots of this tree and I notice the neighbours have one too. I guess that is why the some councils don't like them. They grow into a costly removal problem.

    ReplyDelete