Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Bliss


View from the library bay window, south west facing.

We have gone over to the other side of the hallway to my favourite room, the library. It's a room of very generous proportions lined with good books, has a fireplace and a bay window.... bliss.

I felt torn between finishing the windows series and going outside to show you what's happening in the garden. It's still too early for the full burst of spring but it's nonetheless beginning to gently unfold so I've decided to post a secondary close up each day of the types of flowers nearby that window.

There are snowflakes outside this window, the only snowflakes we are likely to see this year -- it's been another warm winter.


Reflection:
John 14:2 (New International Version)
In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you.


4 comments:

  1. I think I have said this before, but I love that gate and its little perky post box. The curtain like that makes me feel as though I am having a quick perve to see who is coming up the front path.

    Houses don't have front paths much nowadays - entry is by the driveway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the sweet window into your life such a treat this day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That gate has more character than 100 new fences, sugar! I see you have many blogs but which one do you keep up regularly? Thank you for visiting and commenting. That's the only way I've found some blogs I truly enjoy, sweetpea........
    xoxo,
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Connie, I tried to leave a comment on your blog but for some reason it is aborting today. I post to this Burnbrae Journal daily and share time between Sweet Wayfaring and Blue Mountains Journal.

    This one is about my garden, BMJ the city in which I live but is mostly about the natural surroundings not the built environment. SW is about my travels, usually the country, mostly farmland west of the mountains.

    ReplyDelete