Sunday, July 12, 2009

Pattern


View through east facing french doors from family room .

I don't know what to call the space between the sun room and the kitchen so have opted for family room.

Stitching Sunday 12. This is a jumper I knitted many years ago and still wear occasionally. I really like patterned knitting -- progress can be slow but the results are nice.

Reflection:
Romans 12:2 (New International Version)
Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.

2 comments:

  1. *gulp* ... umm ... pretty good knitting there!

    I can appreciate it ... just not sit still long enough to achieve it. What do you do with your brain when you knit?

    Serious question. I get bored. Whereas I can blog for hours and my brain is going all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Knitting is a rhythmic activity leading to soothing thoughts. A bit like driving down the same highway every day. I think about the people I love, places I've been, ponder life's mysteries and the greatness of God -- a type of prayer I guess.

    I too can blog and process photographs for hours, it's addictive. But then I get frustrated because it chews up time I wish I had spent in quiet contemplation, reading or thoughtful writing. I need them all to be me.

    I'm trying to get a month ahead with the blogs at the moment so I can "breathe" for a while.

    ReplyDelete