Monday, July 20, 2009

Pretentious

View from scullery window which is south facing.

Sounds posh doesn't it, having a scullery. I looked it up in the dictonary. It says it is a chiefly British word for a small room where washing-up and other kitchen work is done. That's exactly what this is.

It's not bad being a scullery maid in this spot, there is a nice assortment of trees to look at. A tree fern, a tallish tree known as a native frangipani that is adorned with lichen and gets yellow and cream flowers, a holly bush and some sort of flax that shoots up a tall brown flower spike every now and then. And of course is a popular spot with the parrots.

It's also Monday so a mosiac.

Reflection:
Romans 12:16 (New International Version)
Live in harmony with one another. Do not be proud, but be willing to associate with people of low position. Do not be conceited.

4 comments:

  1. And again ... a few of my favourite things. Would love to see the native frangipani when it flowers: put that on your list please Jeeves!

    If I am right, that is not a parrot but a Crimson Rosella. I will put my money where my mouth is, post this, then go check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear: they are ALL parrots.

    Rosella, Parakeet, Parrotlet, Lory, Macaw, Cockatoo, Cockatiel, Lovebird, Corella ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes it is a Crimson Rosella and yes they are all parrots.

    I guess I wrote parrots because the Rosellas are not the only parrots that like the spot. King Parrots and sometimes Galahs and Cockatoos pop by too. But mostly Rosellas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will post a picture of the flowers when they happen, they are quite high up so not easy to reach for a good shot, that's why they didn't appear in the blog when they were last in view. They are nice but not at all like the real frangipani, so I don't really understand why it is called such.

    ReplyDelete