Thursday, September 17, 2009

Five


Sorry to be showing yet another flower shot and not a more adventurous view of the garden ... I haven't had time to get outside. I am quite fond of violets, especially the way they multiply, so have been adding to my collection. Thus far I have five different viarieties, this one has just started to flower.

Reflection:
John 6:9-11 (New International Version)
"Here is a boy with five small barley loaves and two small fish, but how far will they go among so many?"

Jesus said, "Have the people sit down." There was plenty of grass in that place, and the men sat down, about five thousand of them. Jesus then took the loaves, gave thanks, and distributed to those who were seated as much as they wanted. He did the same with the fish.

2 comments:

  1. I love their delicacy and sense of play! My poor nodding violet is not doing so well. Too much sun. I will trim it back and gee it along a smidge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the scipture figures in well with the mass of violets...such amazing color, never apologize for flowers`

    ReplyDelete