Saturday, September 19, 2009

Health


I have spent the day out weeding the garden ... remember these weeds from the winter when I just left them be ... today they are all gone!

There is something wonderful about being in the garden on a mild sunny day. The inky blue male bower bird was visiting and singing his song of strange whirrs. Tiny eastern spinebills were darting around the blossoms. Butterflies were flitting from flower to flower. And I felt happy, strong and in good health.

Reflection:
3 John 1:2 (New International Version)
"Dear friend, I pray that you may enjoy good health and that all may go well with you, even as your soul is getting along well."

3 comments:

  1. Yes, that does sound pleasurable. I am about to go have a shower then work in my own garden. Yes, wrong order, but it does make me feel more human.

    After that I have so much paper work to sort and ironing to do.

    And I have no Symphony countdown to accompany me today! Boo hoo!! Do you ever listen to ABC FM? It is the only station I ever have on ... just delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't listen to the radio much ... I have a preference silence. My husband however listens to ABC AM radio so I hear it a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a treat...you enjoyed it i know!

    ReplyDelete