Sunday, September 6, 2009

Well dressed


Across the tidy neighbour's yard we can see another house and garden which like ours is left pretty much to it's over devices. But spring dresses it beautifully anyway.

I notice the neighbour's crab apple (on the right) is about to spring into blossom. Our's is too. I'll show you some buds tomorrow.

Reflection:
Isaiah 61:10 (New International Version)
I delight greatly in the LORD;
my soul rejoices in my God.
For he has clothed me with garments of salvation
and arrayed me in a robe of righteousness,
as a bridegroom adorns his head like a priest,
and as a bride adorns herself with her jewels.

4 comments:

  1. In amongst all those delightful blossoms, can I make note of the glorious chimneys, pots and tiles?

    ReplyDelete
  2. it is so strange to see the spring when we are getting ready for summer to be over...the blossoms and bare branches on the taller trees in the distance are painting the photo so well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We only really see this house during the winter and spring, the rest of the year it is obscured by leaf. It is set well back on the property so not seen much from the street and owned by people who got it as an inheritance. In a community where we know our neighbours well this is a bit of a mystery house.

    Elk, I agree, as I follow blogs from the other side of the world day by day and watch the gardens grow and change I suddenly become more aware of they way our seasons are out of step.

    ReplyDelete