Saturday, November 28, 2009

Fire


No it's not real fire (though it's hot enough). It's a flame tree in a neighbouring garden that I can see from the bathroom window. Very Christmas ... the anticipation is building.

Reflection:
Luke 1:46-50 (New International Reader's Version)
Mary's Song
Mary said,
"My soul gives glory to the Lord.
My spirit delights in God my Savior.
He has taken note of me
even though I am not important.
From now on all people will call me blessed.
The Mighty One has done great things for me.
His name is holy.
He shows his mercy to those who have respect for him,
from parent to child down through the years."

3 comments:

  1. This flower is very squishy, isn't it? It certainly is very effective (affective even) when planted together with jacaranda. Double Bay has streets which alternate the two.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's two house blocks over so I don't know whether it is squishy or not ... with jacaranda it would be a wonderful combination ... noticed the neighbour's jacaranda has just come out, must do a shot in the next few days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are beautiful trees. I did a post on the Jacaranda and the Flame tree a while ago. Ours are losing all their flowers now maybe because we got warmer weather earlier than you.

    ReplyDelete