Saturday, November 7, 2009

Mow a meadow


It's time to mow the meadow. Let's sing while we work, "Ten men went to mow, went to mow a meadow, ten men, nine men, eight men, seven men, six men, five men, four men, three men, two men, one man is his dog Spot went to mow a meadow, 9 men went to mow ..."

Reflection:
Luke 12:28 (New International Version)
If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today, and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, how much more will he clothe you, O you of little faith!

6 comments:

  1. Hah ... I had started to sing that in my head even before getting to your text. This is the song we always sang on our many drives from Melbourne to Sydney via the Princes Hwy in the 70s. Especially as we went through Moe ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. oops ... is that paspalum seed heads ... nice grass, nice seed ... but the stickiness is a bit yucky.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Julie, not it is not paspalum which has quite tight sticky seed heads. This is a fluffy type head and I have no idea what it's called ... try "grass".

    ReplyDelete
  4. i have not ever heard that song...you stumped the music teacher!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Elk, it must be an English folk song though I'm thinking my memory may be faulty ... I now think the song started with 1 man and built up to 10 not the other way round.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember my mum singing that to me. She was from Yorkshire. Nice shot.

    ReplyDelete