Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Stone walls


When we were visiting the Everglades garden (over at Blue Mountains Journal) I got the bright idea of running a parallel comparison with this garden. Most older mountain gardens do have similar characteristics but as you will surely see they are most certainly not the same.

So here we go, the stone walls of Burnbrae. By the way, I know I said we were moving on from weeds but this photo reminded me I have another plant which tends to multiply freely -- ribbon plant.

Reflection:
When I think of a Bible story involving a wall I instantly think of Rahab helping the spies to escape.
Joshua 2:15 (New International Version)
"So she let them down by a rope through the window, for the house she lived in was part of the city wall."

3 comments:

  1. the lichen on the stones is what made me notice the loveliness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ... ahhh ... heart melting moment!

    Now ... where was I. Yes, I know. I like ribbon plant. And mondo grass.

    I am glad I came here first before BMJ. I will do that each day of this series ... if my dozey brain can remember.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very beautiful scene. Your photography is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete