Saturday, December 12, 2009

Gifts


The Acanthus are looking very lush at the moment with their green leaves and tall flower spikes but at summer advances the leaves die down ... some are already yellowing off.

Lush ... that reminds me there is a shop with that name ... I've gotta go buy a few Christmas gifts soon.

Reflection:
Matthew 2:11 (New International Version)
On coming to the house, they saw the child with his mother Mary, and they bowed down and worshiped him. Then they opened their treasures and presented him with gifts of gold and of incense and of myrrh.

4 comments:

  1. The nice thing about Christmas I am finding as the years float on, is that I have to buy fewer and fewer gifts. Instead, I go to more and more gatherings. A much happier state of affairs.

    I do however, still buy gifts for moi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. like pearls on a string to me...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another lovely corner of your garden.It lends itself to meditation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julie, I am finding that too as I set a rule that when nieces and nephews hit 18 they were off my present list ... so 20 kids have dwindled down to 1 this year.

    Elk, these pearls are amazingly prickly.

    Diane, for the few weeks leading up to Christmas I always put in more back breaking work than meditation in the garden ... though weeding and sweeping paths is quite mesmerising.

    ReplyDelete