Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Things to tend


Well I had an interesting day yesterday ... met up with Julie for the first time ... yes that is Julie the prolific and insightful blog commenter. We had a terrific day visiting the lovely Everglades gardens in Leura, enjoying lunch with a view at Solitary Kiosk followed by the less spectacular Burnbrae garden. I'm sure Julie saw the reality of all those weeds to pull, ponds to clean, paths to sweep and grass to mow. At least this ornamental grass doesn't need mowing.

Reflection:
Jeremiah 23:4 (New International Version)
"I will place shepherds over them who will tend them, and they will no longer be afraid or terrified, nor will any be missing," declares the LORD.

3 comments:

  1. Julie tries not to see reality but rather potential.

    Yesterday was a blast. More coming.

    Now to this grass. That is the little plot near the driveway entrance. What is the name of that one, please? I love grass as you know and have some spare long tubs. Grass in a portable garden. Hey, this is the 21st century. Everything is possible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Remember, I went to the Christmas windows on Sunday I guess at about 10:30 and I maybe mooched there for the best part of 45 - 60 minutes. Really!

    The families were not rushing and were often extended families. Many of them were people my age because I could hear them reminiscing.

    My better photos were taken by going to one end of a window and pretty much leaning on the glass myself and shooting ALONG the window. Hence, the massive reflections.

    I tried to get shots to give some perspective to the closeups. Not easy. Lots of blurs as anxious mummies kept an eye on kiddies.

    I found the windows themselves boring. Sorry, but I did. The children were my focus and they did not disappoint. Of course, I often had to stand back so as not to interrupt the flow of real life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reorganised my courtyard this evening. Am going to accrue a lavender patch and a row of grasses.

    So ... name of that silver green grass you have just planted near your entry-way, if you will, please.

    Harumph to today's upshot. Tell him inside, I am not charmed by it all!!

    ReplyDelete