Saturday, January 2, 2010

Hospitality


This week we shared a meal with our lovely neighbours. Yummy cucumber, mint and yoghurt dip for an appertiser, using goodies from the garden they so kindly watered while we were away.

Reflection:1 Peter 4:8-10 (New International Version)
Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins. Offer hospitality to one another without grumbling. Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering God's grace in its various forms.




6 comments:

  1. that is lovely...i like the light and simplicity

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks delish!!

    I like that quote. I try to do that, not in God's name, but just 'cause I can.

    Pouring down down here ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting to have a vegie patch this year.
    I love watching those little plants grow great big bits of food on them.
    I haven't got much in at the moment.
    Just some strawberries and potatoes.
    My fennel was a fizzer.
    It bolted - at least I can still eat the leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Based on my experience, if you left the fennel seeds on the plant you will have plenty of little plants for next year. A look along the roadside will show you they self seed pretty readily.

    We only have the wild strawberries, I've found the proper ones get eaten by bower birds before I get a chance to have a feed for myself.

    Have never tried potatoes but am considering giving them a try ... says she emboldened by the success of the vege patch this year. I agree amazing to see such big bits of food from little plants.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Add a bit of garlic and it's tzatziki, which I love.
    Sydney - City and Suburbs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep it is pretty much tzatziki but the recipe I was following didn't describe it thus.

    ReplyDelete