Monday, January 25, 2010

Lantern


I've long admired the Chinese Lantern plant (Abutilon) that arches over the entrance of a former guest house up the road. Then the neighbours got some growing by their pergola and they're doing great. I bought a very small plant in a sale a couple of years ago and this year it's decided to grow at last. But just because I decided to photograph it most of the flowers have gone to seed.

Reflection:
Psalm 119:105 (New International Version)
Your word is a lamp to my feet
and a light for my path.

3 comments:

  1. it is funny how i admire the seed pods more than the blooms...great side by side here

    ReplyDelete
  2. elk stole my comment! how lovely to have the
    hardiness of the pod next to the grace of the
    flower!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The structure of seeds like this are terrific to photograph.

    ReplyDelete