Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Reaching out


I guess this is pinkish white but I am counting it as white. I don't know what these are ... long canes reach out by the pool and have these little flowers dangling on the end.

Reflection:
Matthew 14:30-32 (New International Version)
Then Peter got down out of the boat, walked on the water and came toward Jesus. But when he saw the wind, he was afraid and, beginning to sink, cried out, "Lord, save me!"

Immediately Jesus reached out his hand and caught him. "You of little faith," he said, "why did you doubt?"

And when they climbed into the boat, the wind died down.

6 comments:

  1. No idea here either, but they are so complex with such delicate beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what gorgeous colors. i would love to spend the
    afternoon in your garden!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous photo. It is so graceful whatever it is. The good thing about flowers you can enjoy them without knowing their names.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i just rechecked your blog after praying for direction
    for our youngest daughter. i was feeling anxious and
    scattered, but your verse calmed me right down.

    thank you again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Reminds me of a song we sang at school:
    do you know it?

    A sudden storm
    A sudden shock
    On the sea the boat began to rock
    All the sailors started rowing for the shore, but the waves rose higher
    Higher than before.
    Have faith in the Lord
    He will see you through
    And you will be amazed at what his love can do

    ReplyDelete
  6. Julie, yes a delicate beauty so easily missed among the clutter of the garden unless a camera carrying sleuth is out there.

    Diane, I do however like to have a name if I can ... you never know I may want to buy some more!!

    Lea, I usually post days in advance so also refer back for the inspiration and comfort the scripture gives for the day.

    Letty, I have not heard that song. You're right a great match with the Scripture selection.

    ReplyDelete