Monday, February 1, 2010

Burnbrae Journal Volume 2


Come and sit on the front veranda to chat about my new theme. It's from Five Senses by Judith Wright.

While I'm in my five senses
they send me spinning
all sounds and silences,
all shape and colour
as thread for that weaver,
whose web within me growing
follows beyond my knowing
some pattern sprung from nothing-
a rhythm that dances
and is not mine.

In the end I decided not to change much, but I'm going to endeavour to write of the sounds, smells, taste and feel of what is going on around me as well as photographing what I see. The words won't be poetic or the rich thread that Julie weaves so wonderfully in her RIFF ... just a simple exercise in being more aware. I will also try to be more adventerous with some of my photos.

The lingering smell of good food wafting through the doorway was our Sunday brunch ... crisp bacon, golden omelette spinkled with fresh garden herbs, and warm buttered toast on the side ... sorry you're too late.

Reflection:
Psalm 34:8 (New International Version)
Taste and see that the LORD is good;
blessed is the man who takes refuge in him.

6 comments:

  1. Now I shall enjoy this. Your landscape is so different to the one I experience down here on the plain.

    'Five Senses" is a terrific creation by Wright that encapsulates exactly how I feel as I create. Even as the idea of a photograph comes into my head, I am already weaving how to make it into a fuller creation by adding text.

    I shall enjoy this new edition of "Burnbrae". It has been a joy to travel in your various caravanserai over the past twelve month.

    Thank you for the nod. I appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can understand you secret pleasure as you read my St Kilda Riff yesterday. All slots in ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love your idea and can't wait to see you incorporate
    your senses and photographs.

    i have actually been dizzy to the point of almost falling from some sights, smells, and sounds.

    sensory roller coasters.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well you have my mouth watering already. Sounds a good theme.

    ReplyDelete
  5. well this will be lovely as always..i so wish i was a writer...blessings friend

    ReplyDelete
  6. Elk, I love the brief but encouraging words you put with your always delightful photos.

    ReplyDelete