Thursday, February 4, 2010

Feasting


King Parrot eating Japanese Maple seeds

We see lots of King Parrots in our maples at this time of year. Up close to the house so a chance for me to get a good shot.

Down the road they're feasting too.
Adult children talking across each other
Bursts of laughter
Clatter of plates
Clink of glasses
Mum laughing too loud again.

Reflection:
Psalm 23:5 (New International Version)
"You prepare a table before me
in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil;
my cup overflows."

7 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a show off he is...so stunning the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A bit like my view of the black swan in the Lily Pond!

    Do King Parrots make as much mess as White Cockatoos? I like that list of things you can hear. Brings it to life for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Elk, they are stunning. I just love them.

    Julie, the King Parrots just seem to eat the seeds and don't snip off the twigs and generally chew things to bits like Cockatoos.

    I'm glad your enjoying lists ... I am still finding my way with them. Not sure at this stage whether it's been a good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. He's a lovely bird, nice hot too. I hear your sunds clearly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi, joan. another fabulous photo of a lovely king.

    your poem made me smile, because when all our
    kids are home, i become completely intoxicated
    on them....laughing so hard that i cry...one of
    them always says, "has mom been drinking
    again?"

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lea, that is exactly what I heard, a lovely sound.

    ReplyDelete