Friday, February 19, 2010

The joys of a garden


The tall thin pencil pine at the gate gets lost among the spreading bows of maples and other pines but the wisteria has no trouble finding it.

Rustle rip, clip-clip
wisteria reluctantly
giving up it's twining grip.

Paula from Pensacola Daily Photo passed on an award to me this week. I have volunteered to answer the questions.

Your Cell Phone? Not important.
Your Hair? No fuss.
Your Mother? Loved lilies
Your Father? Loved ferns
Your Favorite Food? Chocolate anything.
Your Dream Last Night? Who remembers dreams?
Your Favorite Drink? Water
Your Dream/Goal? To have a beautful garden
What Room Are You In? Lounge Room
Your Hobby? Garden appreciation (not gardening)
Your Fear? The garden will never be tidy.
Where Do You See Yourself In Six Years? Still working on the garden
Where Were You Last Night? Home
Something That You Aren't? A gardener
Muffins? Home cooked
Wish List Item? A gardener
Where Did You Grow Up? Country Queensland
Last Thing You Did? Read blogs
What Are You Wearing? Jeans and jumper
Your TV? Rarely leaves the ABC
Your Pets? None
Friends? Are fun.
Your Life? A delight
Your Mood? Relaxed
Missing Someone? Not really
Vehicle? Jeep
Something You Aren't Wearing? My gardening boots
Your Favorite Store? Any bookshop
Your Favorite Color? Blue
When Was The Last Time You Laughed? Today
Last Time You Cried? Dunno
Your Best Friend? Anyone willing to help in the garden
One Place You Go To Over and Over Again? My garden
Facebook? Not really
Favorite Place To Eat? Under a tree in the garden

I love my garden!!

Reflection:
Mark 1:35 (New International Version)
Very early in the morning, while it was still dark, Jesus got up, left the house and went off to a solitary place, where he prayed.

7 comments:

  1. Okay yeah ... I think I got that. Garden garden garden.

    The defining thing about you, that does not come across readily in your blog, is your infectious, laugh. I might smile and have a gutteral sound, whereas you burst right out with it. Quite a wonderful sound to be part of!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol! I guess you're a true garden lover, Joan. I'm waiting for my invitation to see your work of art... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julie, if I have put the questionaire in the Wayfaring blog it would probably have all been travel, photograph, travel or BMJ walk, eat, walk.

    Winam, I'd love to meet you. Anytime you are coming up this way give me a shout and I'll put on the scones and then we'll walk them off on the Lawson waterfall circuit ... provided you're happy to do slow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i have been enjoying your garden for
    three months.

    i love that you wear jeans, my uniform.

    congratulations on your award!

    thanks, julie, for letting us know a bit
    about joan's laugh! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i have been enjoying your garden for
    three months.

    i love that you wear jeans, my uniform.

    congratulations on your award!

    thanks, julie, for letting us know a bit
    about joan's laugh! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wasn't sure if anyone would do the award questions so I'm really tickled that you decided to do them. I think you really like your garden. And as much as you seem to travel and work I'm guessing you're out there toiling away by the light of the moon.

    ReplyDelete