Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Seeing by touch


Tree fern trunk

The story of its growth, as written in braille.

Reflection:
Mark 8:22-26 (New International Version)
They came to Bethsaida, and some people brought a blind man and begged Jesus to touch him. He took the blind man by the hand and led him outside the village. When he had spit on the man's eyes and put his hands on him, Jesus asked, "Do you see anything?"
He looked up and said, "I see people; they look like trees walking around."
Once more Jesus put his hands on the man's eyes. Then his eyes were opened, his sight was restored, and he saw everything clearly.

4 comments:

  1. See you CAN do detail ... I had no idea a tree fern trunk looked like this close up. I wonder what causes the little pimples, a bacteria do you think?

    When my daughter was very very young, she used to suffer from atrocious nappy rash and while airing her naked bum, I used to wander around my garden in St Ives telling her about all the plants and how to look after them and teaching her about textures by running her little fingers over the barks and the leaves and the stones. I will do the same for my grandchild.

    ReplyDelete
  2. very vivid and a marvel of nature here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Doesn't it make you want to touch and feel it. Great senses shot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. perfect illustration for the story. have always
    wondered about the "men like trees" walking
    around.

    have been traveling without internet service
    and missed your blog and scripture.

    have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete