Thursday, March 4, 2010

Harvest festival


I thought those beans were worthy of a celebration. So I turned to Donna Hay for inspiration ... the beans were yellow instead of green and I used zuchinnis from the vege patch instead of eggplants. The result was pretty good. While I was at it I did a desert to match.

The chef is in tonight,
the kitchen is a mess.
Garlic, chilli and olive oil
sizzling in the pan.
While the mix master wisks
cream into a tangy delicacy.



Exodus 23:16 (New International Version)
"Celebrate the Feast of Harvest with the firstfruits of the crops you sow in your field.
"Celebrate the Feast of Ingathering at the end of the year, when you gather in your crops from the field.

6 comments:

  1. Look at those lamb chops - they look superb. Is that a basil pesto on top? I love zucchini. Don't think I have ever had butter beans.

    Kirsten has some Donna Hay books. I will be in Dymocks today so will take me a squizz.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How big are your zucchinis??
    That looks so good.
    I had a skanky old lean cuisine for dinner last night.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both dishes look superb!!! What's the dessert?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julie, not basil on this occasion -- cummin, chilli and coriander. Donna Hay brings out a bi-monthly magazine as well as publishing books. I bought the mag last month ... with a view to cooking something more inspired ... not that I'm short of recipe books but fun to try things from magazines every now and then.

    Letty, we have plenty of skanky meals around here too. Weekends are about the only time I do proper cooking. The zucchinis are as big as we let them grow :-) These are a round variety (rather than long) we usually pick when they are is 2-3 inches in diameter.

    Winam, the original recipe was a rasberry and ginger cheescake slice. Basically a ginger biscuit base and simple vanilla cheescake filling. I added other berries because the seeds in rasberries annoy me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm coming over for dinner. It looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Funny, that Diane can smell a good meal ...

    ReplyDelete