Sunday, April 18, 2010

Bugs galore


There was an orgy in the garden the other morning. I found hundreds of these bugs in the trees and on the plants. What I thought was a curved tail (I can't see detail without my glasses) turned out to be a smaller bugs on the back of most of the big bugs. The birds were going beserk gobbling them up.

By the way, the big egg type things are the Belladonna lily seeds ... I'll show you some in colour next week. Also here is a photo of the same bug in colour which I took a couple of years ago ... I only saw one at that time.

It's back to colour tomorrow but I have really enjoyed this week's shots so will have another mono week sometime soon.

Reflection:
Isaiah 40:22 (New International Version)
He sits enthroned above the circle of the earth,
and its people are like grasshoppers.
He stretches out the heavens like a canopy,
and spreads them out like a tent to live in.

3 comments:

  1. I can just imagine Him sitting up there on his throne. Can't you?
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have enjoyed the mono shots, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look like they are mating. Maybe the big one is the female (I like that). The mono pics have been interesting but I still prefer colour.

    ReplyDelete