Sunday, April 25, 2010

Freedom


Today is ANZAC Day, the day we remember our war heros ... those who fought for our freedom in jungles, in fields, in the sky, the sea and the desert sands.

I sought something in the garden as a symbol of special rememberance for this important day. These plants in the south side garden remind me of the jungle where plants grow tall reaching for the sun, they are my tribute for today.

Reflection:
2 Corinthians 3:17 (New International Version)
Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.

4 comments:

  1. Freedom. Such a wonderful word. Enjoy your day of rememberence.
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is hard to imagine how bad it was fighting in the jungles of New Guinea, Borneo, Malaysia and Indonesia. Nice tribute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. happy anzac day!

    have you ever seen the film, set
    in australia, called "a town called
    alice?" i think it had something to
    do with one of your wars.

    and of course, "breaker morant."
    we named our firstborn, isaac
    breaker . . . because my husband
    loved the character so well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Diane, having been in New Guinea and seen those jungles I am in awe the soldiers who fought there.

    Lea, I've not seen the movie but read the book A Town Like Alice when I was at school. It is a story set in WW2.

    I too enjoyed the movie Breaker Morant. Fancy that, an Australian link in Isaac's name.

    You often refer to movies, so I gather you really like them. Julie is a keen movie goer too.

    ReplyDelete