Thursday, June 17, 2010

Knowledge


AB noticed yesterday the old style Pelican books on our bookshelf. With close to 40 years of collecting plus our old school and children's books (I have every annual Sunday School prize since I was two in the collection) there are an awful lot of them old and new. But things are set to change around here with my Kobo reader and the recent arrival of the iPad!

I wonder if I will miss our old game of trawling the bookshops and me sneaking a peak to see how many hubbie has picked up to justify me selecting just as many (or perhaps just one or two more) only to find that he is now looking at the size of my pile and topping his up.

Reflection:
1 Corinthians 13:2 (New International Version)
If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.

2 comments:

  1. you are on the cutting edge. everyone
    seems to love those electronic books.

    i can't stop leave the pages and smell
    of books.

    enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The gizmo sellers have been prophesying the death of the book for a long time, but paper format still has a few adherents.

    ReplyDelete