Saturday, July 3, 2010

Baddie


I found this guy stuck inside, trying to get through the window glass. Actually this is rather disturbing because it is a European Wasp which has a nasty repeat sting. They first showed up in Australia in the 1970s and despite a valiant effort to stop their progress they are now quite widespread. I fear there may be a nest somewhere in the wall space, I'll have to keep an eye out to see if there are more.

Reflection:
Ephesians 4:27 (New International Version)
"and do not give the devil a foothold.'

4 comments:

  1. great shot of the nasty. Hope you are not allergic to bee stings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Globalisation has even come to wasps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Diane, I can only remember being bitten twice and there were no undue consequences ... but I'm not going to test it!

    AB,your comment made me smile. Yes we try to keep our natural world as pure as we can but the global creep will have its way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! Now I'm amazed! Glad I didn't miss this one!

    ReplyDelete