Friday, July 30, 2010

Gift for a son



These set of little eating utensils are engraved "Ian 4" a gift to my husband from his parents on his fourth birthday. Did you receive a 'growing up' gift in your family? I'll show you mine tomorrow.

Reflection:
Luke 11:11-13 (New International Version)
Which of you fathers, if your son asks fora fish, will give him a snake instead? Or if he asks for an egg, will give him a scorpion? If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him!"

5 comments:

  1. I still have a pearl necklace given to me by my godparents shortly after I was born. It was many years before I was allowed to touch it, and even now I rarely take it out of the box or wear it. I think it's one of those gifts that's supposed to inspire awe (rare/beautiful/expensive) but ends up creating a rift in the family. As far as I know, my siblings never received a gift as nice as that one. I don't think they even had godparents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. a treasure made more so in the talent ed photo of it...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Walk2write .. Oh yes I know that problem ... I was exceedingly jealous of my sister's plastic pop beads, I can't imagine what I would have been like if they were pearls!

    Elk, thanks, I've got a while to go before I match your artistic B&Ws, you are my inspiration for this type of photo ... you might have recognised the key :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. joan, your husband has the same
    birthday as my youngest daughter!

    that's a lovely gift for a child!

    blessings from your colorado
    mountains!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea! I shall keep it in mind for Alannah's first birthday!

    ReplyDelete