Sunday, July 18, 2010

Shopping spree


Detail on a pretty metal dish I bought in Japan. I was working in Tokyo for a month with a very generous daily allowance so I could afford to go on a shopping spree.

Reflection:
Psalm 4:6-8 (The Message)
Why is everyone hungry for more? "More, more," they say.
"More, more."
I have God's more-than-enough,
More joy in one ordinary day
Than they get in all their shopping sprees.
At day's end I'm ready for sound sleep,
For you, God, have put my life back together.

5 comments:

  1. I am not a delicate enough person to own/collect glassware. Every so often I find something at Vinnies that is interesting shape/colour but within a week or so I have whizzed around and it shatters on the floor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought it was a herd of caterpillars at first.

    ReplyDelete
  3. exquite reminder of a generous
    trip. i would love to know
    what you do and happy to know
    you fall into bed to sleep
    with ease at the end of each
    day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lea, at the moment I am an IT and telecommunications marketing writer working in my own business mostly from home. Back when I did this trip I was a systems engineer in a Japanese computer company. I visited Colorado when I worked for an American computer company.

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a fascinating life you've lived!
    thanks for answering my question.

    ReplyDelete