Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Home sweet home


We arrived back from our wayfaring trip last night, a day earlier than planned. It was a fabulous trip (which you will see over quite a few weeks over at Sweet Wayfaring starting Thursday). After dumping a pile of washing in the machine, lugging things back and forth from the caravan, and sending a few work emails it was a delight to go scamper around the garden this afternoon to see what awaited me. It still very much has it's bare winter look but things are beginning to stir.

I chose violets to honour our home coming because to me they are the sweetest homeliest of flowers.

Reflection:
Psalm 27:4 (New International Version)
One thing I ask of the LORD,
this is what I seek:
that I may dwell in the house of the LORD
all the days of my life,
to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD
and to seek him in his temple.

2 comments:

  1. And this shot does them justice, love the light coming in from the right. they are a deep colour with the weather still being quite bitter at times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous purple violets to welcome
    you home!

    we are happy to have you back and
    can't wait to see your lovely photos!

    ReplyDelete