Wednesday, September 8, 2010

ABC



Wordy Wednesday Post.
Sunday School prizes were an annual highlight ... as you can see each was much loved. I remember being so excited I snatched the ABC book from the man's hands instead of hanging around and answering his questions. What happened to your children's books? My Mum was a keeper so they were there for me to collect when I packed up our family home. One of the Sunday School prizes in that pile was given to me when I was 2 years old!

Reflection:
Revelation 22:13 (New International Version)
I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.

4 comments:

  1. I went to Sunday School until I was 8. I received prizes at school all through Primary. Nary a one do I have. My daughter has all hers - but they are not well worn. Not like these treasures! They really are family heirlooms.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dare I admit that the second from the bottom of that pile is less loved than the rest ... it is a book of Bible Stories.

    I received lots of school prizes in high school. They are treasured too but not so well worn because they were mine alone. All of these children's books were shared with my brothers and sisters (there were 5 of us) and their 10 kids years later.

    ReplyDelete
  3. my mom saved some that i have
    rescued and put on prized places
    on my book shelf. i adore those
    books but never won any prizes . .
    except in choir!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. my mom saved some that i have
    rescued and put on prized places
    on my book shelf. i adore those
    books but never won any prizes . .
    except in choir!!!

    ReplyDelete