Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Adventures into Poetry



A wordy Wednesday post

Poetry, such delicious rhyme and rhythm and imagery. I have lots of childhood poetry books, all covered in brown paper with a pretty picture on front. That's my Mum's handwriting.  

I still enjoy poetry, there is a long shelf of anthologies in the library. My most recent purchase was 100 Australian Poems You Need to Know, edited by Jamie Grant. I am not convinced by his selection but that is the fun of anthologies, seeing what other people pick. I've also got a thick volume of Pablo Neruda's poems which I haven't started to read yet.

Reflection:
Psalm 45:1 (The Message)
My heart bursts its banks, spilling beauty and goodness.
I pour it out in a poem to the king,
shaping the river into words:


3 comments:

  1. I enjoy Australian Poetry best bust shamefully admit I don't read poetry very often.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Diane, no shame involved. One of the major reasons I read poetry today is because its short!

    ReplyDelete
  3. very pretty ..word and alljuouref

    ReplyDelete