Monday, October 25, 2010

Hiding


I was chatting to Susie at church and she was saying how great this spring has been in her garden because of all of the rain.  Likewise at Burnbrae.  This ajuga which is a creeping ground cover was planted under the big pine many years ago when we had a landscape gardener.  It has flowered sporadically for years and I figured had pretty much died out but here it is with flowers popping up all over the place.  They've just been hiding

Reflection:
Psalm 32:7 (New International Version)
You are my hiding place;
you will protect me from trouble
and surround me with songs of deliverance.

3 comments:

  1. What a great surprise! It is amazing what a little extra rain can do. We are in the middle of a drought, hopefully some of my plants that seem to be hiding will come back out when better days come around! Carla

    ReplyDelete
  2. one of my favorites surprises to see...rain is like gold isnt it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is amazing what the rain can bring back. Just goes to show how our plants suffer in the dry.

    ReplyDelete