Sunday, October 17, 2010

Timing


Unexpected 4 of 6

This flower is not so much unexpected but expected earlier.   This year many plants are weeks later than usual, but some flowered earlier than normal and others spot on time.  I guess some are triggered by the length of day, others by moisture and perhaps these by warmth and sunshine which has been greatly lacking of late.

My excuse for not mowing the grass yesterday ... it was snowing!!!!!

Reflection:
Job 5:8 (The Message)
"If I were in your shoes, I'd go straight to God,
I'd throw myself on the mercy of God.
After all, he's famous for great and unexpected acts;
there's no end to his surprises.

7 comments:

  1. Yikes! Really??

    It was sooo blustery and cold down here. Is this a hyderangea?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes really. It firstly looked like a very light drizzle then I realised it was fluttering. So took a drive further up the mountains and there was quite decent snow fall happening up there but nothing settling. It was 1C at midday.

    This plant is known as a snowball (now I think of it quite appropriate) because it goes white, a viburnum not a hydrangea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. someone just brought me some dried hydrangeas ... our summer is well over

    ReplyDelete
  4. Snow in October seems bizarre.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jim, I can think of a number of occasions over the past 17 years when there has been snow in October. Here our weather is always very unsettled at this time of year ... sometimes warm, sometimes cold right through to end December.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The wind was really cold on the Central Coast yesterday - but not cold enough for snow. Cold enough for me though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh the sctipture with the bloom amazes me..blessings friend

    ReplyDelete