Sunday, November 7, 2010

A confession


When I look at this blog I feel I am a fraud.  Taking photos of individual flowers gives the impression I have a lovingly tended garden and the fact is I do very little.  It is a wild garden that makes do with a minimum of care from me. It is not even very full of plants, there are lots of big empty spots. I know nothing of feeding and pruning and do just a little weeding and mow occasionally. You see I am a garden appreciator not a gardener. I appreciate this lavender and seaside daisy growing with unattended abandon.

I think I will soothe my conscience by showing you more of the wild garden this week.

Reflection:
Proverbs 28:13 (New International Version)
Whoever conceals their sins does not prosper,
but the one who confesses and renounces them finds mercy.

4 comments:

  1. ah ha! :)

    you are still the tender of those lovely
    plants. you just let them have some
    elbow room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the best kind of garden one that needs little care and attention but still volunteers lovely blooms.

    ReplyDelete
  3. choosing the angle or focusing what appeals to you and sharing it with the world does not make you a fraud! beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and sometimes it takes the eyes of another to point out a particular beauty that others might have missed. thank you for all that you share.

    ReplyDelete
  4. mine is as well ..in fact i rather like it {and yours} that way!!

    ReplyDelete