Saturday, January 1, 2011

Cock-a-doodle-do


Welcome to a fresh new morning and a fresh New Year, may it be one of peace and joy.

I've been busy spring cleaning and it's time to make a few changes around here too.   While I was cleaning up I discovered an old "Promise Box" and thought it might be encouraging to reflect on God's promises this year. After two years of posting almost daily I am going to drop back to posting on Sundays and one other day of the week. That way the promises from the box will last the year and I will have a little more time, perhaps to do some gardening.

The beautiful rooster and hen were my Christmas gift from my husband.

Reflection:
"The Lord will preserve thy going out and thy coming in from this time forth, and even for evermore."
Psalm 121:8

8 comments:

  1. What a lovely gift!

    I think it most appropriate that 'Burnbrae Journal' be updated on a Sunday. I am working on reining in my commitments a little more during 2011.

    I don't have the skills to organise as you have, but I will be setting myself a schedule and rationalising the blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the individual blogs still register on my blog-roll when you update them. Goodo ... you have maintained the separate blogs, just collected them together under the same web-umbrella. Very clever ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's good to see you back...blessings for the new year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i am so glad you will still be writing and
    look forward to reading His promises
    here.

    your sweet husband gave you some lovely
    roosters!

    blessings on your 2011

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow! your new page looks so nice.
    I will continue to visit here with joy and want to wish you a very happy year filled with all the joys of life ~ blessings friend

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for your greetings dear friends. I missed you when I was 'away'.

    Julie, yes all the blogs are still indeed separate just pulled together with some blogger magic. The old computer programmer in me had some fun while it was raining down at the beach.

    And yes we all need some extra breathing space because blogging can be just too compelling. Lea blogged about this problem too not long ago.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A good idea to limit blogging it can become a bind, addictive and a time waster. I will back off this year too.
    Love the roosters.

    ReplyDelete