Sunday, January 30, 2011

Finding Names


Looking at the garden this weekend I was wondering what the collective noun for butterflies is.  It turns out we had a 'flutter' of white butterflies in the garden. Such gorgeous weather.

Thinking of other names ... do you remember the mystery flower I posted in early December?  Well when I was researching the names of the Donkey Orchids I posted at Whistlers Rest and the Hyacinth Orchids I on Sweet Wayfaring today I found the mystery flower is a ground orchid known as a Potato Orchid or Cinnamon Bells.  But for me they will be forever Lizbeths Leafless Lily ... thanks Diane.

Reflection:
"They that seek the Lord shall not want any good thing" Psalm 34:10

4 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous shade of blue, my favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. a flutter? that's adorable, and i am SO
    going to find a way to use that in a
    sentence.

    now you have gone and delivered me
    my absolute favorite shade of flower!
    thank you.

    you're not a fighter? somehow i doubt
    that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. "flutter" ... what a perfect term to accompany butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. each bloom looks like it is dancing ..fluttering for sure!!

    ReplyDelete